These creative DIY Toy Organizer Ideas will help organize all the toys and keep your home clean while letting the kids enjoy their toys!
If you have kids, in your life, you know that toys come in so many shapes and sizes, it is hard to find a toy organization solution that works perfectly forever!
Plus you can’t teach the kids to clean up if there is no dedicated spot for the toys to go.
Toy organization doesn’t need to be utilitarian. There are SO many ways to get creative with it OR create storage that blends well with the rest of your decor!
DIY Toy Storage Ideas
Below are some of my favorite DIY toy storage ideas and playroom storage ideas from around the web.
These will give you lots of ideas and inspiration to find a solution that works the best for you – from stylish toy organizers that seamlessly integrate into your living space to colorful playful ones!
1. Ultimate DIY Toy Organizer from Anika’s DIY Life
This toy organizer has space for everything – board games, books, stuffed animals and bins for all the big and little trucks and dolls!
2. DIY Storage bins from Anika’s DIY Life
These simple bins made from scrap wood can fit anywhere in the home and are easy to carry.
3. Bookcase With Toy Storage from Rogue Engineer
This simple toy organizer combines the perfect book storage and easy access bins for all the toys.
4. DIY Toy Storage And Wooden Crates from Wilker Do’s
This simple build is perfect to store all the toys in plain sight in a living room or family room!
5. DIY Wooden Toy Bins from The Merry Thought
These toy storage bins are perfect to store all the toys and books!
6. DIY Toy Storage Shelf from The Inspired Hive
A simple bookcase built with crates painted in bright happy colors – perfect for any child’s room or playroom!
7. Wood Crate Toy Storage from Smart Schoolhouse
This simple shelf accommodates sturdy plastic bins for the perfect storage in any room!
8. Painted Toy Chest with Image Transfer from Just The Woods
Makeover a little trunk with image transfer – custom to fit any space!
9. DIY Toy Shelves From A Used Tire from Space Ships And Laser Beams
Now this is what I call creative! It is the perfect spot to park all those little cars!
10. DIY Toy Storage Bench from Farm Fresh Therapy
This simple bench will fit in any space!
11. Quick & Easy Modern Toy Storage from Annabode
This simple toy storage tower has the perfect modern look. with a little splash of color!
12. DIY Truck Grille Toy Car Organizer from Arts & Crackers
Yes! That is a real truck grille! I love this idea!
13. House Shelf Makeover from Ohoh Blog
Love this simple doll house bookshelf! It is super easy to build too!
14. DIY Toy Storage Crates from A Bubbly Life
I absolutely adore these toy storage crates! Simple yet beautiful!
15. DIY Matchbox Car Storage Tutorial from The Gracious Wife
This fun toy car organizer made from PVD pipes is fun and whimsical and I love it!
16. DIY Staircase Storage Unit from Simply Beautiful By Angela
Another simple storage solution to hide all those toys in plain site – perfect for the living room or family room.
17. DIY Mountain Bookshelf with Toy Storage by Bitterroot DIY
I absolutely love the book storage at the top of this organizer!
18. Galvanized Tub Storage Bench by Pretty Handy Girl
A galvanized tub plus an upholstered top – perfect bench and toy storage!
19. Pottery Barn Kids Inspired Modular Storage System by Build it Craft It Love It
Can you believe this Pottery Barn inspired storage can be built for a fraction of the cost?!
20. DIY Lego Table with storage by The Handyman’s Daughter
This is a lego-lover kid’s dream come true – organization for all the bricks and figurines – plus tables to build!
21. DIY Lego Storage by Uncookie Cutter
Another simple yet useful lego storage idea!
Isn’t that a lot of inspiration and creativity? Which one is your favorite? And which will you make yourself?!
More kids storage and room ideas
- DIY Kids bedside table with book storage
- Kids playroom reading nook
- Colorful shared girl-boy bedroom reveal
Anika's goal is to inspire and empower beginners with woodworking, DIY, home improvement, and home decor ideas.
She wants everyone to unlock their creative potential and experience the feeling that comes with making something. Nothing feels better better than seeing something and saying "I can make that!"