New to woodworking?
You might just be starting out. You might have a taste of it by building your first projects but are looking for more information, helpful tips, and tricks to better understand and build projects.
You are in the right place!
At first, woodworking can seem like a really overwhelming hobby.
You go online and watch people teaching you with workshop walls lined with tools and all kinds of jigs and gadgets building fancy and perfect projects that look like they came from someone with 100 years of experience.
Plus all those high-speed saws and drills with sharp blades and bits… can seem really intimidating.
Can you really build your own furniture?
I am here to tell you – if I can do it, you can too! I am here to guide you step by step with all the tools, ideas, and inspiration.
Let’s get started!
- Basic woodworking terms explained – A comprehensive glossary so you aren’t overwhelmed with terms
- The tape measure and its clever features – This is the most important tool in your tool box. See what it can do.
- How to use a speed square – why you need one and all that it can do.
- How to check for square – what does it mean, why is it important and how to check.
- Types of power saws in woodworking
- Miter saw vs circular saw – which is right for you
What you need
Nope, you don’t need to go out and buy one of each tool you see in the store!
- 7 Beginner power tools to get started – you will be surprised what you can make with simple power tools.
- Workshop esentials to stock up – the list of essential supplies in my workshop I never let run out.
- The best hearing protection for woodworking – because once you lose it you can’t get it back.
- 7 essential supplies for painting furniture – A simple list for beautiful results
- Shop my workshop – A list of the exact tools I use and love.
Looking for the perfect project to start off can be a bit of a daunting task. Pick something that you need and just get started! Don’t overthink!
- Beginner Woodworking Projects – simple projects that make a great starting point for anyone.
- Woodworking plans library – all the plans I have ever created.
Below are detailed tutorials to help you learn to use the tools correctly to get the best results.
I am working on adding more tutorials so keep an eye out for it.
- How to use a miter saw
- How to use a circular saw
- How to use a circular saw without a table
- How to use a Kreg Jig K4
- How to use a Kreg Jig 320
- How to use a Kreg Jig 520
- How to use a Kreg Jig 720
Simple tips and tricks to help you make projects better and more efficient.
- 10 woodworking tips no one tells you – you will be surprised by a few of them
- How to make accurate cuts with a miter saw – key things that can make all the difference
- How to make pocket holes in angled cuts – yes you can make them.
- Pocket hole tips to build like a pro – don’t worry about weak joints anymore
- How to build a drawer – it’s not that hard, I promise!
The final finish of a project is just as important as the project itself.