Turn your scrap wood or pallet wood pile into creative decor this fall with these amazing DIY wooden pumpkin ideas!
Raise your hand if you like to decorate your home for fall!
Now, raise your hand it you would like to do it on a budget.
I mean what can be better than making decorations out of scrap wood!
There are many other reasons, you might wnat to make fall decor using your scrap wood pile
***This post contains referral or affiliate links. It is a way for this site to earn advertising fees by advertising or linking to certain products and/or services. Please read my full disclosure here ***
Why make wooden pumpkins –
- Use up scrap wood
- Re-use them every year
- Save money!
- No more rotting vegetable on your doorstep.
But scrap wood is not the only thing you need to make wooden pumpkins.
Material choices for wooden pumpkins
- Scrap wood
- Tree stumps
- Paint sticks
- Wood slices
You can even add all sorts of decorations on the pumpkins with cloth, pompoms, paint, etc.
Below is a collection of a few creative pumpkins made using wood.
DIY Wood Block Pumpkins
Wood blocks are super easy to transform into pumpkins. You can easily use up those awkward sizes of 4×4 or 2×2 pieces leftover from projects. Just add paint and a little twig or screw on top for the stem!
1. DIY Wood Block Pumpkins by Anika’s DIY Life
These easy DIY 4×4 wood pumpkins are super easy to make! All you need is a little paint and a bolt. It would make a fun kids project too!
2. Stenciled Scrap Lumber Block Pumpkins by The Kim Six Fix
Simple stenciled wood block pumpkins that immediately make you think fall!
3. 30 Minute DIY Wooden Block Pumpkins from Toolbox Divas
Mix it up with white and orange paint on scrap 1×6 to make these easy scrap wood pumpkins.
4. Scrap Wood Pumpkins by Re-fabbed
Got old plinth blocks and scrap wood? Just add paint and done!
5. Scrap Wood Pumpkins From 4×4 by That’s My Letter
Pumpkins made from 4x4s make the perfect pumpkin patch for fall.
6. Junk Drawer Pumpkins by Diva of DIY
Buttons, drawer pulls, door knobs. What do you have in your junk drawer to decorate your pumpkin?
Pumpkins made from scrap wood
If you are looking to use up some leftover scrap wood, you can easily arrange them together to create simple pumpkins!
7. Easy DIY Scrap Wood Pumpkins by Sawdust Sisters
Make a few cute wooden pumpkins using scrap 2×4 wood. I love the addition of the sisal bow on top for the added rustic flair.
8. Rustic Wooden Pumpkins by Hearth & Vine
Seriously, you can use any size of wood you want and add a gorgeous painted effect for eye-stopping fall decor!
9. Farmhouse Style Scrap Wood Pumpkins by Do Dodson Designs
Easy DIY rustic pumpkins are super easy to make with a little stack of scrap wood!
Pumpkins made from pallet wood
Pallet wood makes a great material to make pumpkins! Just cut them to size and add a backing. A little paint can completely transform the rustic old pallet into beautiful fall decor!
10. Rustic Pumpkin Stand by Mod Podge Rocks Blog
I love this easy project using wooden fences to make the pumpkin decor which also doubles as a candy bowl! YOu can simply leave it out for some no-contact trick or treating!
11. Decoupaged Wood Plank Pumpkins by The Scrap Shoppe Blog
Who says pumpkins need to be orange?! Make some colorful pumpkins using decoupage
12. Rustic Pallet Pumpkin by Her Tool Belt
This DIY pallet wood pumpkin is super easy to make!
13. Painted pallet pumpkins by Pet Scribbles
Pre-made wooden pumpkins are a great alternative if you don’t have any scrap wood laying around. Just add paint!
14. Salvaged Fence Pumpkins by Sweet Parrish Place
Salvaged wood makes great projects and this salvaged fence pumpkin is no exception.
15. Paint Stick Pumpkins by Two Purple Couches
Paint sticks aren’t just for stirring paint. Put them together for a perfect pumpkin.
Other Creative Wooden Pumpkins
16. Wood Slice Pumpkins by A Night Owl Blog
This is a super simple project! Just paint wood slices in orange paint.
If you don’t have access to wood slices, you can easily buy them too!
17. Mini Crate Pumpkins by Sweet Parrish Place
This wood pumpkin uses a small crate! Just paint it and add a little cork to top it – easy and beautiful.
18. Stump Pumpkins by Her Tool Belt
If you have access to stump and just a little bit of carving skill, you can make these cool pumpkins to rival any of the real pumpkins!
19. Monogrammed Pumpkin Wreath by Reality Daydream
This monogrammed pumpkin will make gorgeous door decor!
20. Framed Wood Pumpkins from Pretty Handy Girl
Pumpkin clip art and a scroll saw is all you need for this fun framed wood pumpkin art in no time.
21. Rustic scrap wood pumpkins by Our Crafty Mom
White scrap wood pumpkins are the perfect farmhouse decor for fall.
Not in the mood to DIY? Here are options to buy.
More DIY Pumpkin Ideas
You might also like this easy 10-minute fall wreath!