This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Moen. All opinions are 100% mine.
It is easier to upgrade your shower than you think! With this step-by-step tutorial, you can not just create a spa-like feel, it is also good for the earth!
Upgrading your shower is easier than you think. The only thing worse than having an old small shower head is a leaky shower head.
You know the kind where just a tiny amount of water leaks out on the side and causes a little stream off of the spout?
That is wasted water.
The earth cannot afford it. We have a very limited supply of clean water.
I take water conservation very seriously.
Seeing a dripping faucet or shower let alone letting water run makes me squirm.
If you have been around for a while, you know I grew up in India. We do have running water in our homes in India but things work a little differently.
Here’s what happens – every home or apartment complex has a tank at the top. The city releases water for a certain amount of time – usually a couple of hours in the morning. During this time, the water fills the tank.
That is all the water you get for 24 hours.
If you run out of water, there is no more water for the rest of the day.
If you live in an apartment complex, you share the water in that tank.
So if someone decided to leave the water on while they brush their teeth, you wasted water that someone might have needed to cook their meal.
Infrastructure is getting a lot better than it was 20 years ago when I lived there but it still means we have to respect the clean water we have available.
NO MATTER WHERE we are on this earth.
It makes me mad to have to yell at my kids to not take long showers… or when they simply stand in the shower while perfectly good, clean water literally goes down the drain.
Why am I talking about water conservation when this is all about upgrading a shower and living our best life?
Because luxury cannot come at the cost of the environment.
Enter the Nebia by Moen Spa Shower.
Nebia by Moen Spa Shower
Nebia by Moen Spa Shower is a beautiful upgrade to any shower.
- It has a rainshower head creating the ultimate spa feeling
- The optional model comes with a handheld magnetic wand to elevate the experience.
It uses a special process called atomization which breaks up the water into tiny droplets making for a beautiful spa-like experience.
Nebia by Moen Spa Shower has all the amazing features you would expect in a spa shower –
- It is gorgeous and comes in multiple finishes.
- The slider moves up and down so the height can be adjusted.
- The rainshower tilts and moves sideways.
- The handheld wand can be turned on and off as needed.
But, the most important feature is this –
- It uses a special water delivery system which delivers more pressure and coverage creating the sensation of more water while only using about half the water!
This means every drop of water works twice as hard and that’s what I am talking about!
Is it easy to install?
With all these amazing features, how easy can it be to install?
The answer – VERY!
It took me about 12 minutes from start to finish to install.
To go from an old showerhead to a brand new spa shower experience!
I did spend a little bit of time beforehand reading instructions and I would definitely recommend doing so. But I do have a full step-by-step tutorial with pictures below to help you!
Can it be installed anywhere?
There are just a few constraints to installing the Nebia by Moen Spa Shower.
- The water outlet must be in the wall (not ceiling).
- The distance between the shower arm and the top of the trim/temperature control should be at least 29″.
- minimum clearance from the sides of the wall must be 15″.
- The shower or bathtub must be enclosed.
***This post contains referral or affiliate links. It is a way for this site to earn advertising fees by advertising or linking to certain products and/or services. Please read my full disclosure here ***
What do you need to install?
Installing the Nebia by Moen Spa Shower is very easy and tool-free. The one tool that you do need is included with the shower.
Plus, the shower comes with all the fittings that you will need to make it work. You just need a couple of items that make the process quicker.
- Nebia by Moen Spa Shower
- Teflon tape (thread seal tape)
- Wrench, if needed (to remove the old shower head)
How to install the Nebia by Moen Spa Shower
Step 1 – Remove the old showerhead
- Remove the showerhead and the shower arm along with any trim from the wall.
If the old showerhead or arm is too tight, you may need to use a wrench.
Step 2 – Determine the size of the collar and adapter
The shower comes with an installation key tool with markings on it.
This is used to determine the depth of the hole where the shower arm used to be.
- Based on the measurement, you want to pick the collar and adapter combination.
Fo me the measurement was at C so I picked M2 and H2.
Note – In case you have a ledge, like when the tile starts underneath the water outlet, Moen also provides spacers to use. Essentially, you want the entire shower to be flat up against the wall.
Step 3 – Attach the adapter
- Wrap one end of the adapter with thread seal tape. This is the tapered end or the end which does not have the slot in it.
- Insert into the wall and screw it in by hand.
- The provided installation key fits into the slots on the adapter and can be used to turn and screw the adapter in securely.
Step 4 – Attach the collar.
- Install the gasket and the collar on the adapter.
If you have a ledge, use a spacer between the gasket and the collar to bring the base of the collar flush with the wall.
Step 5 – Connect the Nebia by Moen Spa Shower
The bottom of the Nebia by Moen Spa Shower stays in place with the adhesive tape.
- Clean the surface of the shower wall with rubbing alcohol and dry thoroughly. This is important to remove all the soap residue so the adhesive works well.
- Remove the tape backing but do not attach it to the wall.
- Push the inlet on the back of the shower into the collar till you hear a click.
During this time, be sure to hold the bottom away from the wall so the tape doesn’t stick to the wall.
- Once the top is securley attached, use a level to make sure that the shower is straight and then apply pressure for 60 seconds to attach the bottom adhesive to the wall.
Moen does supply screws for mounting if you wish to use them instead of the adhesive.
Step 6 – Attach the handshower
The handshower has a magnetic hold.
The magnetic hold is attached to the wall with a strong adhesive.
- Clean the wall with rubbing alcohol and let it dry thoroughly.
- Remove backing of the adhesive from the bracket and push against the wall for 60 seconds.
- Push the magnetic dock over it. It clicks into place.
Step 6 – Connect the hoses
First, we install the rainshower.
- Simply feed the hose through the shower arm.
- Push the rainshower into the arm till it clicks.
- The other end of the hose clicks into the bottom of the shower. (be sure to remove the plastic cap)
Next, it is time to install the handshower.
The hose for the handshower has two ends- one with a metal end and one with a plastic end.
The plastic end of the hose connects to the shower. The other metal end connects to the handshower.
That is it!
The new spa experience is ready!
The shower has exceptional coverage. The shape of the waterflow covers the entire body and the handshower is a nice complement.
It is hard to imagine that you are using only half of the water!
Is the Nebia by Moen Spa Shower worth it?
In summary, I think it is completely worth it! The experience with the rainshower head and the handshower are beautiful. The shower itself looks amazing. But most importantly it is good for the earth and I think that is absolutely priceless!
Anika's goal is to inspire and empower beginners with woodworking, DIY, home improvement, and home decor ideas.
She wants everyone to unlock their creative potential and experience the feeling that comes with making something. Nothing feels better better than seeing something and saying "I can make that!"