Turn your scrap wood into Christmas decor today with these simple yet beautiful Christmas woodworking project ideas!
We all have that problem. The pile of scrap wood that keeps growing!
I think one of my favorite types of projects are scrap wood projects. They not only cost $0, they also free up space in your “storage area”. Plus, they are usually simple and quick to make as well!
This Holiday season, why not turn that pile of scrap wood into beautiful Christmas decor and gifts with these ideas!
Christmas woodworking project Ideas
From ornaments to stocking holders to pretty little trees – we’ve got loads of inspiration for you!
A little glue and paint can turn simple cut-offs of boards into a pretty holiday village! Full tutorial here.
If you have some 4×4 pieces leftover, give it some love with paint and accessories to make a snowman that will never melt! Full tutorial here.
3. Christmas Ornament Tree from Brooklyn Berry Designs
I love these simple triangles made from scrap wood. They are the perfect minimalist tree and can be made in any size! Full tutorial here.
4. Repurposed Old Road Map Scrap Wood Trees from Pillar Box Blue
Personalize these scrap wood trees with maps of places that have meaning for you and your family. Full tutorial here.
5. Christmas Tree Forest from Scrap Wood from Crafted by the Hunts
Another fun scrap wood Christmas tree project! This time, stain themfor a more modern rustic look. Full tutorial here.
6. DIY Burnt Scrap Wood Trees from Green With Decor
I have recently enjoyed working with my blowtorches to create the burnt look! These triangle scraps torched with a heat gun make the cutest cute rustic trees. Full tutorial here.
7. Scrap Molding Christmas Tree from Build Craft Love
If you have leftover molding from your home improvement or furniture builds, put them to good use with this gorgeous Christmas tree idea!
8. DIY Stocking Hanger Box from Jaime Costiglio
Keep from ruining your pretty mantle by using up that scrap wood to make these stocking hanger boxes. I love the addition of greenery! Full Tutorial here.
9. DIY Christmas Stocking Holder from ToolBox Divas
Use scrap wood and ornaments you already have to make this stocking holder! Full tutorial here.
10. DIY Christmas Lantern Post from Woodshop Diaries
Turn scrap wood into the special lantern that holds all the dreams and stockings with this simple idea. Full tutorial here.
11. Wooden Nesting Gnomes from Ruffles and Rainboots
We are digging this one! This little gnome family nests one inside the other and you can make them in about 30 minutes! Full tutorial here.
12. DIY Scrap Wood Snowman Family from Salvaged Living
This little scrap wood snowman family, made from landscape timber, will make you smile every time you see it! Full tutorial here.
13. Santas and Trees from Scrap 2×4 Blocks from The Kim Six Fix
2x4s cut into triangles with a little bit of added paint make these Santas and trees an easy fun project. Full tutorial here.
14. Gnome Porch Sign from Ruffles and Rainboots
This easy scrap wood project is a great way to greet family and friends during the holiday season. Full tutorial here.
15. Christmas Farmhouse Signs from Scrap Wood from DIY Beautify
Made from scrap pieces of Timberchic wood, these DIY signs make great ornaments to hang on your tree or anywhere else you want to add a little Christmas cheer. Full Tutorial here.
16. DIY Advent Calendar from The Inspired Workshop
This advent calendar is made from scrap plywood and scrap 1x2s and has a reverse side for when the countdown is over! Full tutorial here.
17. Sparkly Small Christmas Wood Signs from Girl, Just DIY
Scrap wood and glitter, there is no better way to use up scrap wood in my opinion. Full Tutorial here.
18. Reclaimed Wood and Steel Christmas Sign from Houseful of Handmade
Make this reclaimed wood and steel Christmas decor project with just a few straight cuts. Full tutorial here.
19. DIY Tree CutOut Art from The Ugly Duckling House
This cut little decor is a simple scroll saw project with scrap plywood and a few 1x2s! Full tutorial here.
20. DIY Christmas Place Card Holders from Harbour Breeze Home
This project will help you add the perfect touch to Holiday dinner while also using up those leftover 2×4 end pieces you have in your scrap wood pile. Full tutorial here
21. Scrap Wood Candy Ornaments from Jaime Costiglio
We saved the best for last! Yes, these are made from scrap wood! Full tutorial here.
What do you think? Are you ready to attach that scrap wood pile and create the perfect decor for your home this Holiday season?
I can’t wait to see what you make!
Need more Christmas ideas –
- DIY Wooden Christmas Ornaments using Cricut
- 20 Unique Christmas Ornaments
- 20 DIY Christmas card holders
Also see 25 Easy DIY woodworking gift ideas!