These unique DIY Christmas ornaments are sure to get your creative juices flowing! Make fun and out of the box Christmas ornaments this year with these awesome ideas for handmade ornaments that are anything but round!!
Making your own Christmas ornaments adds the perfect heartfelt touch to the Holidays!
Handmade holiday decorations create memories!
But we there are so many globe or round ornaments around, it is always fun to create unique ornaments that use non traditional materials.
Plus they make awesome craft ideas to make with the kiddos too!
Plus, who needs those pricey ornaments from the store when you can make them and make memories at the same time!
Unique DIY Christmas Ornaments
I have collected 21 of my favorite unique handmade ornament ideas from around the internet.
I hope you enjoy them!
1. Wooden Christmas Trees Using Your Cricut from Anika’s DIY Life
2. Cinnamon stick Christmas tree Ornament by Consumer Crafts
Not only does this look cute but it smells great too!
3. DIY Paint stick ornaments by By Brittany Goldwyn
Use paint sticks to make these easy DIY ornaments! So cute and genius!
4. Sweater Upcycled Christmas Ornaments by Pillar Box Blue
How cute are these little ornaments up-cycled from old sweaters? I think it will make a great way to showcase old sentimental sweaters!
5. French Macaron Ornaments by I am HomeMaker
These are absolutely my favorites!! I love the glitter and I am totally drooling over them!
6. DIY monochrome marbled tree ornaments by By Brittany Goldwyn
These marbled tree ornaments are so gorgeous!! Can you guess what they are made with?
7. Rolled Paper Christmas Tree Ornament by Her Toolbelt
This is a super easy simple project and makes for a great way to use up those wrapping paper scraps!
8. Homemade Stamped Clay Ornaments by Kleinworth Co.
Clay is so much fun to use and these ornaments are so pretty!
9. Let it Snow Scrabble Tile Ornament by Crafts by Amanda
How cute is this?! I love that snow on top of the scrabble tiles!
10. Button Christmas Ornaments by Girl, Just DIY
Put the buttons in your button box to use with these pretty ornaments!
11. Wood Slice String Art Ornament by Happy Brown House
How cute are these wood slice string art ornaments!
12. Reversible plaid Ornaments by Girl, Just DIY
I love that these are reversible!
13. Rudolph Ornament by The Homeless Finch
If you collect corks like me, you can put them all to good use with this cut little Rudolph ornament!
14. Rustic Twig Feather Arrow Ornaments by Yellow Bliss Road
I love these rustic ornaments! You can easily collect twigs and feathers from your backyard to make your own!
15. Metallic Snowflake Ornament by One Mile Home Style
This is such an easy and cute way to make shiny metallic ornaments!
16. Salt and Dough Starfish Ornament by Elizabeth Jone Designs
Salt and dough ornaments are very popular and this is a relatively easy one to make and looks so great!
17. Twiggy Tree Ornament by Happy Hooligans
Again, simple and easy to make with twigs from the backyard!
18. Angel Wings Ornament from Shuttles by Pillar Box Blue
Up-cycle old shuttles to make these cute angel wing ornaments!
19. 3D Map Star Ornament by Pillar Box Blue
If you love Origami, you can transform maps of your favorite sentimental locations into pretty star ornaments!
20. Dried Flower Ornament by Garden Matter
These little flower pot ornaments and absolutely the cutest!
21. Bottle Cap Snowman Ornaments by One Artsy Mama
Aren’t these guys cute?! I think they would a really fun project to make with the kids!
Want more fun ideas to make your own Christmas ornaments?
More Homemade Christmas Ornament ideas –
***This post contains affiliate or referral links. It is a way for this site to earn advertising fees by advertising or linking to certain products and/or services. Please read my full disclosure here ***
Shop Unique Christmas Ornaments –
Looking for Unique Christmas gift ideas?
Check out my holiday gift guides! There are perfect gifts for every budget and everyone!
Anika's goal is to inspire and empower beginners with woodworking, DIY, home improvement, and home decor ideas.
She wants everyone to unlock their creative potential and experience the feeling that comes with making something. Nothing feels better better than seeing something and saying "I can make that!"