Easy and beginner-friendly woodworking gift ideas for any skill level. These simple projects can be made using basic tools and take very little time.
Handmade gifts always hold a special place.
Nothing says how much you care about a person like taking the time to think of an idea and make something that they will use and look at in their daily lives.
As kids, we make little cards and art for people but as adults, we can certainly make something out of wood!
But just because it is a gift doesn’t mean it needs to be complicated or involve fancy tools.
Easy Woodworking Gift Ideas
You know I am all about easy quick woodworking projects.
If you are looking for woodworking gift ideas for Christmas gifts, or for a special occasion or just because, I have put together a list of beginner-friendly and easy but cool woodworking gift ideas for everyone on your list!
Printable plans for handmade wooden gift ideas
I know how easy life is if you can just get all the project plans in one place without having to look at every single project.
This is why I have put together a printable plan pack for 16 of the most popular projects listed below!
Small Woodworking Gift Ideas
- DIY Footrest For Under Desk – If they spend any time at a desk, they need a footrest!
- DIY Phone Stand For Desk – This phone stand plus picture holder is a great gift for anyone!
- Easy DIY Wall Mail Organizer – You can’t go wrong with this mail organizer. And guess what – you can make this zero power tools if you like. But of course, power tools make it a lot faster!
- Easy DIY Modern Pencil Holder – A simple project but the added acrylic makes it stand out and extremely modern.
- DIY Laptop stand for desk using scrap wood – An easy and quick project to make your workspace more ergonomic.
Printable plans for all the above projects are included in my woodworking gift ideas project pack.
- DIY Wall Mounted Bottle Opener – This easy and quick project is perfect for the beer lover. It can be easily installed indoors or outdoors!
- DIY bottle organizer – This bottle organizer can be used horizontal or vertical, wall-mounted or on the countertop. It can be used to organize any type of little bottles – spices, craft paint or even essential oils!
- DIY Storage Bin with Dividers – Although I originally built these for my root vegetables, we now use it to store toys and books. It is extremely versatile!
- DIY Corner Vegetable Storage Bin Plans – Who wants to waste a corner? The corner storage bin is easy to build and great to reclaim those corners.
- A Simple Wall Shelf – It is simple but looks not that simple 🙂 It fits perfectly into an entryway, living room or bedroom!
- DIY Wood slice tray – Whenever you have dessert, this is a perfect tray! It makes a great hostess gift!
DIY Wooden Gift Ideas For Her
- DIY Jewelry Holder – Because we all know that women love jewelry – me included 🙂 This tabletop jewelry holder is easily customizable and holds earrings, bracelets, and necklaces.
- DIY Tiered Plant Stand – For the plant lady in your life. A simple and quick project using just half a board!
- DIY Lap Desk With Epoxy Resin Top – Perfect for breakfast in bed or working in bed.
- Simple DIY Wood Clock Using Scrap Plywood – A pretty timepiece to add to any space in the house.
- DIY Wood Tray Using Only 3 Tools – This makes a nice hostess gift. Also, it is made using only 3 tools!
Printable plans for many of these are included in the woodworking gift ideas printable pack!
Handmade Wood Gift Ideas For Kids
- DIY Desk Organizer – A great way to keep their homework and supplies at hand for the kiddos.
- DIY Ring Toss Game – They will have lots of fun with this fun game!
- Easy DIY Magnetic Chalkboard – No kid can ever resist doodling on a chalkboard. Add to that magnets – and you have the best combination ever!
- DIY Ruler Pencil Holder – While this makes a great addition to any student’s desk, it is also a great woodworking gift idea for teachers.
- DIY Dinosaur Shelf – If you know a little girl or guy that loves Dinosaurs, you have got to make them one of this! All you need is some scrap wood and toy dinosaurs.
I hope you found something awesome here to make. These are just small woodworking gift ideas.
You can get printable plans for almost all of the above projects in one place.
Just click the button below.
More Easy Woodworking project ideas
If you want beginner-friendly furniture ideas, be sure to check out my collection of easy beginner woodworking projects!
And if you are looking for gift ideas for a woodworker or to add something to your wishlist, I have a huge list of gift ideas for the woodworker. It includes all the small things no woodworker can live without or have enough of!