I have a quick and short post for you today. It is time to change out that wreath again! This time its going to be a Christmas wreath!! Like always, I kept within my constraints of reusing my grapevine wreath and keeping the budget under $10 to make this quick and easy DIY Christmas wreath. In fact the cost of the wreath came in at $5!
I almost wrapped the whole thing in a pine garland but decided it looked too cluttered and full. I am so glad I decided against it because I am kind of loving the understated and rustic charm of this wreath. The best part was it took me barely 5 minutes to put together! I love easy and cheap decor that you can switch out anytime!
***This post contains affiliate or referral links. It is a way for this site to earn advertising fees by advertising or linking to certain products and/or services. Please read my full disclosure here ***
Materials needed to make the easy Christmas wreath-
- Grapevine wreath
- Silver rope/trim
- Faux red twigs (I got these from the dollar store)
- Holiday trimming – the pinecone and pear clusters – I got these at Big Lots.
The picture shows the holiday garland which I ended up not using.
How to make the easy DIY Christmas wreath –
Since the wreath is so easy to make, I have a short video on how I made it for you to watch –
If you are unable to watch the video right now and would prefer to read, here are the steps –
- Wrap the silver rope/trim around the grapevine wreath. I just tucked the ends into the wreath,
- Insert the two twigs into the wreath form to make a V- shape.
- Attach the pinecone/pear clusters to the wreath where at the edge of the V. My clusters came attached to alligator clips, so I simply clipped them on. If you don’t you could still just tuck t hem into the wreath form the same way we tucked the branches/twigs.
That’s it!! Simple and quick! Didn’t I promise you it was going to be super easy?! I didn’t intend it to be but doesn’t it kinda look like a reindeer head?
It is always so much fun to decorate the house with handmade decorations! Check out my brilliant Christmas tress wall decor. It makes for a great addition to any room!
If you are looking for Christmas Ornaments, be sure to check out my collection of 20 Unique Christmas Ornaments that are not your usual globe ornaments.
Anika's goal is to inspire and empower beginners with woodworking, DIY, home improvement, and home decor ideas.
She wants everyone to unlock their creative potential and experience the feeling that comes with making something. Nothing feels better better than seeing something and saying "I can make that!"