These simple last-minute DIY gifts for him are perfect for any occasion! He will love these ideas and they will not be shoved in a drawer!
Finding interesting gift ideas for him that he will love and use can be a struggle!
When you look up “DIY gifts for dad” on the internet or Pinterest, you are bombarded with ideas for kids to make that involve handprints and cards…
What about us grown-ups?
What if we want to make a gift for the guys in our life?
Of course, it depends on what their interests are.
But, whether you are looking for a handmade birthday gift for dad or a unique gift for your boyfriend just because, it is always very hard to find something that is both good-looking and functional.
I have put together a list of 12 Easy DIY gift ideas for him that are super easy to make!
There is something for every crafting skill level – from homemade shaving cream to painted mugs to simple woodworking projects!
PLUS, these also make perfect last-minute gift ideas!
Easy handmade gift ideas for him
1. DIY Phone Stand for the desk by Anika’s DIY Life
Let’s start with the DIY Phone Holder with a photo display. It makes a great gift for his desk to hold the phone as well as a picture or fun or motivational quote!
2. DIY Bottle Opener by Anika’s DIY Life
And since we are talking about beer and barbecues, this DIY bottle opener will make a great addition to his barbecue space
3. Easy DIY Lap Desk from Anika’s DIY Life
This is a quick and easy project you can possibly make using scrap wood and it makes a great lap desk to work or eat in bed or even on the couch!
4. DIY Footrest for under desk by Anika’s DIY Life
This is a simple project made using scrap wood and makes an ergonomic footrest for under a desk!
5. DIY wood and acrylic pencil holder by Anika’s DIY Life
This simple and quick project makes a great modern pencil holder for his desk
6. DIY Desk Nameplate by Jen Woodhouse
This DIY desk nameplate for his desk is so easy and classy!
7. Picture Memory Blocks by Stories By Me
A few memory blocks made with memorable pictures. This one shows DAD but it doesn’t have to be. You can use any of your favorite pictures.
8. Personalized Coffee Mug from Joann’s
Make a cool mug for dad because Dad needs his coffee every day anyway!
9. Couch sleeve with cup holder by A Beautiful Mess
Because he loves to watch TV and have his coffee/beer 🙂
10. DIY Beer Tote by Rogue Engineer
Of course, a beer tote is always a great idea!
11. Hanging Grill Tool holder by Shanty 2 Chic
If he loves to grill, this will be perfect to hang next to the grill for him to show off his gift.
12. DIY iPhone Amplifier by Make It Love It
I am sure he will love this DIY iPhone amplifier.
It might look complicated but this tutorial makes it super simple! It doesn’t have any cords and can be used anywhere in the house or garage or outdoors!
13. A DIY Tie Rack by Craftaholics Anonymus
A Tie Rack to display all his ties – this one is a super simple build!
14. Homemade Shaving Cream by Don’t Waste the Crumbs
If you need something really last minute and don’t have the time to step into a workshop, this homemade shaving cream will be perfect!
15. Simple Gift Tags by Almost Makes Perfect
And I leave you with a BONUS – Printable Father’s Day Gift tags to use with your awesome DIY gift!
More gift ideas for him –
- Unique wooden gifts for him
- 20 Gifts for Woodworkers they will love
- Ultimate gift ideas for the DIYers in your life