2×4 wood projects are simple, inexpensive, and look great! These amazing 2×4 project ideas are perfect for every skill level – beginner woodworkers looking for a basic project, or experienced woodworkers.
2×4 projects are very popular and a favorite. There are three reasons for that –
- 2 x 4 boards are super affordable.
- They are really very versatile.
- They are really sturdy!
There are so many 2 x 4 wood projects out there, it is hard to narrow the list!
I have picked 24 of my favorite projects to share with you. These range from large furniture to simple tables to decor ideas from 2×4 scrap wood and even some fun play food for kids!
Whether you are an experienced woodworker looking for your next favorite 2×4 project or a beginner looking to get your feet wet with simple woodworking project ideas, you are sure to find something to inspire you!
Easy 2×4 Furniture Ideas
1. DIY Upholstered X-bench Using 2 X 4 Boards from Anika’s DIY Life
Or another version of the above bench for indoor/ outdoor use.
2. $20 DIY Outdoor Dining Table from Anika’s DIY Life
3. X-leg console table from Anika’s DIY Life
4. DIY Toddler bench from Anika’s DIY Life
5. DIY Outdoor Bench from DIY Candy
6. Bistro Table Building Plans from The Shabby Creek Cottage
7. Farmhouse Industrial End Table Cart from Infarrantly Creative
8. Potting Bench Plans from Refresh Restyle
9. Build A Farmhouse Bench from The Creative Mom
10. Rustic Farmhouse Table from The Purple Hydrangea
11. DIY Console Table 2x4s from A Turtle’s Life for me
12. Outdoor 2×4 table from Small Home Soul
13. DIY Wooden Coffee Table from A Beautiful Mess
14. Vintage Industrial Cart Inspired Craft Table from Deeply Southern Home
15. DIY Tutorial For Building An ‘X’ Entryway Table from The Project Lady
16. DIY Barstools using 2×4 from Sawdust Sisters
17. Build your own Outdoor Sofa and Loveseat from The Handyman’s Daughter
18. DIY Farmhouse Bench for Small Tables from The Handyman’s daughter
19. 2×4 Console Table from Her Tool Belt
Quick 2×4 Scrap Wood Projects
As promised, here are some super fun and easy beginner woodworking ideas to use up the piles of 2×4 scrap wood. Some of these are just adorable like the play food or the test tube vase!
20. DIY Ring Toss Game by Anika’s FIY Life
21. Rustic Lanterns Using 2x4s from Diva of DIY
22. DIY Phone Charging Station from Homemade by Carmona
23. Floral Centerpiece With Tulips from Infarrantly Creative
24. DIY Hexagon Planter Out Of 2×4 Scrap Wood from Jen Woodhouse
25. 2×4 Pipe Industrial Kitchen Phone Station Shelf from Funky Junk Interiors
26. DIY 2×4 Play Food from Jaime Costiglio
27. DIY Bird Feeder & Plant Atrium from Atta Girl Says
Aren’t all of these inspiring! Which is your favorite? Which one will you create?!
Have you made any projects with 2×4 wood? I would love to see!
You will also enjoy –